The EU Commission’s subsidaries have perceived a common cross domain interest in developing, adapting and utilizing emerging Artificial Intelligence within and across their focus areas. These Clusters, together with a number of EU public authorities, are now launching a Call for innovative projects in the AI domain. The aim of this Call is to boost the productivity & competitiveness of European industries through the adoption and use of AI systems and services.
Artificial Intelligence is a rapidly developing technology with the potential to influence or transform almost every aspect of the economy and society. In-depth knowledge and leadership in developing and applying this powerful capability is an essential requirement, if industry is to maintain its leadership in multiple application areas, or take advantage of new opportunities.
This AI Cluster Call is specifically designed to stimulate activity in this important area, through the creation of trans-national collaborative projects in applications that will support economic growth and benefit society as a whole.
Participants are invited to submit applied research and innovation project proposals in the field of Artificial intelligence, indicating, where possible, how they are related to the technological focus area of the participating Clusters most relevant to their proposal.
Deadline of the call: 15th of June
If you are member of any of the clusters involved in SmartCityTech partnership, we can help you finding a project opportunity and a good partnership. This is the process to follow:
Possible Application areas are:
- AI for Agriculture
- AI for a Circular Economy
- AI for Climate Response
- AI for Cybersecurity
- AI for eHealth
- AI for Electronic Components and Systems
- AI for ICT and applications
- AI for Industry 4.0
- AI for Low Carbon Energy
- AI for Safety
- AI for Transport and Smart Mobility
- AI for Smart Cities
- AI for Software Innovation
- AI for Smart Engineering
- … and many more
The proposal description should contain:
- Offered collaboration opportunity or subject
- AI application
- Description of own solution
- Collaboration needs and kind of partners sought
Proposals must meet the following criteria:
- The consortium should include at least two companies from different European participating countries. The participation of research institutes/universities is welcome according to each country’s funding regulations.
- The project partners must express their willingness to cooperate, on a win-win/fair basis in the development of a new product, industrial process Industry standard or service.
- The product, process or service must be innovative and there must be a technological risk involved.
- The project should benefit all involved partners in a well-balanced consortium. SME’s are explicitly encouraged to participate in the proposals.
- The project should generate an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the technologic cooperation between the participants (new technologies, standardiszation, prototyping, field trials, new or improves products, increased knowledge, access to R&D infrastructure etc.).
- Economic and Societal benefits to be obtained (where relevant) must be highlighted in the project proposal.
- A project consortium or cooperation agreement (PCA) must be signed between the project partners as soon as possible after the project starts. PCA templates are available for use if required.
Any organisation whose collaborative industrial research and innovation project is consistent with the above criteria can apply to the Call and funding could be provided by each funding agency afterwards in accordance with their national participation procedures, and subject to budgetary availability.
Each participating funding body may apply additional eligibility criteria based on their national regulations. Applicants are strongly advised to contact their funding body, prior to submitting their application, to discuss their project idea and check the national eligibility criteria which would apply to their participation in the project.